Bachmann family greeted the Chancellor at T-City Day 2011
February 23, 2011
- T-City Day 2011 was held in the Zeppelin hangar at the airport. Guests were able to obtain information about the various T-City projects at information stands, as well as through films and live discussions.
- “ICT you can touch” was a central topic. Visitors experienced how to integrate modern technologies into their lives and benefit from them.
- High-profile guests at the event included Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel, Prime Minister of Baden-Württemberg Stefan Mappus, as well as Deutsche Telekom CEO René Obermann.
- The Bachmann futurist family introduced the Chancellor to T-City applications like Smart Metering and GlucoTel in the living room of the future.
- “T-City is a successful example of the possibilities that can arise when human creativity meets technological power of innovation,” Angela Merkel said.
- Suedkurier.de from February 23, 2011: T-City-Tag: Merkel raises hopes for a soon-to-be B 31 bypass
Excerpt: Residents are predominately impressed as they stroll between the Deutsche Telekom stands where individual applications are being explained. Many of them have heard about T-City. Now they would like to see what all the talk was about.
- heise.de from April 24, 2011: T-City Friedrichshafen: Merkel visits the futurists
Excerpt: The “futurists”, Germany’s most innovative family, explained (...) Smart Metering and GlucoTel, the glucose-measuring device, as well as KindergartenOnline to Angela Merkel. Merkel asked the citizens of Friedrichshafen to take advantage of their innovative services even more.
- Schwäbische Zeitung from February 9, 2011: Up close and personal: The futurists meet the Chancellor
Excerpt: T-City Day on February 23 will be a special day. Not only because Angela Merkel has announced that she will be attending, or because Prime Minister Stefan Mappus will be present. Not even because the winner of the “Friedrichshafen – My T-City” film contest will be announced, because numerous guests are expected or because the zeppelin hangar is being specially outfitted for the event. No, for Maren and Hans-Joachim Bachmann it will be a special day because they will be on stage next to the Federal Chancellor, up close and personal.
- Schwäbische Zeitung from February 22, 2011: Why Angela Merkel is looking forward to Friedrichshafen
Excerpt: The Federal Chancellor has made known that she is especially looking forward to spending some time with the futurists. These are people who think about how to use and connect various technical innovations for community life in the future.