“Request management” to give citizens a voice
- The new Internet address www.sags-doch.de was launched to give citizens a quick and easy means to address questions, suggestions or problems to the city administration of Friedrichshafen or to the Lake Constance district office at any time.
- Users receive an answer within 10 workdays at the latest.
- The Internet platform and its associated app for Android smartphones were jointly developed by Deutsche Telekom, the city of Friedrichshafen and the district office.
- When entering their request, users can choose the means by which they wish to be informed about the administration’s answer. They also have the option to object to the publication of their request. If they do not make use of this, the processing status of their request and the administration’s answer are made visible to them and to all other users of the platform online.
- Request management thereby improves the service and creates more transparency – citizens can contact the administration at any time in a fast and easy way, as well as inform themselves about requests in their neighborhood using a map. The administrative employees’ burden is reduced thanks to centralized processing of the requests.
- Stadt und Gemeinde, December issue 2011: Tell it to the administration
Excerpt: Similar platforms already exist (...) Friedrichshafen’s “Request management” concept takes it one step further: Residents are able to submit not only complaints but also ideas, requests and suggestions to the city through a Web portal.