Start of “Self-determined Living”
- The portal, which was developed by Deutsche Telekom and Fränkel, had been undergoing acceptance and functionality tests in the “innovation house” at 20, Saint-Diè-Straße in Friedrichshafen since February 2011.
- The service allows users to live more independently and safely in their own homes for a longer time, even in old age.
- Through a touch-screen terminal at home, participants can make use of a range of services, including caretaker services, a pharmacy delivery service, delivery services for meals or groceries and information about public transportation.
- Via videophone, they are also able to maintain social contact with residents in the innovation house.
- The project was successfully completed at the end of January 2012.